November 10, 2013
Clearing the deck for week 10 of the NFL season…
* Broncos Nation is holidng its collective breathe as Peyton Manning has his MRI on his lower right leg Monday. Up next for the 8-1 Broncos, the 9-0 Chiefs.
* Who saw this one coming: Rams 38 Colts 8?!
* How ’bout them Panthers – 5 wins in a row after silencing the 49ers in SF, 10-9. Up next for Carolina: MNF at home against the Patriots.
* The Lions rule atop the NFC North. Let that marinate around for a bit.
* A by-product of the Lions win, Jay Cutler’s out again for the Bears.
* Good news, bad news for the Steelers: they beat Buffalo, but trade rumors begin for Big Ben.
* Think about this: Nick Foles has 16 TD’s (10 in the past two games) and 0 INT’s this season.
* Don’t look now, but the AFC North is dogfight again with both the Ravens and Browns just 1.5 games behind the now slumping Bengals.
* Case Keenum is exciting, but the Texans just aren’t that good right now.
* Yes Jacksonville, you will not go winless this season. And that as the Titans blow a golden chance to sneak up on the Colts in the AFC South.
November 3, 2013
Clearing the deck for week 9 of the NFL season…
* Welcome back Tom Brady! 432 yards and 4 TD’s vs. Pittsburgh Sunday is something fantasy football and Patriots fans are more used to from TB12.
* Can you believe the Browns (4-5) have more wins than the defending Super Bowl Champion Ravens (3-5)? They do now after beating Baltimore Sunday.
* Hey Cowboys, be thankful you were playing the Vikings this week.
* Darnell Young saves the Redskins season with an unlikely 3-TD day in washington’s OT win over the Chargers.
* If only the Bills had a QB, there’d be no more undefeated teams left. That having been said, KC continues to be lucky each week. That luck stops as Denver and San Diego are up next on the schedule.
* Give Cam Newton his props, he’s got the Panthers back in playoff contention.
* Sorry Jeff Fisher, you can’t go home again (or at least you can’t be them in your home).
* How are Rex Ryan’s Jets 5-4? This week’s victim: Rob Ryan’s Saints.
* Have a season in one day Nick Foles – 7 TD’s – tying an NFL record with Peyton Manning and 5 others!!!!
* To say the Seahawks dodged a bullet would be an understatement. Down 21-0 to winless Tampa Bay, they survive in OT, 27-24.