The latest and greatest from Week 17:
* The playoffs officially begin with Sunday night’s winner take all NFC East Title game between the Cowboys and Redskins. With the Vikings win, there’s no wild card shot for the Redskins.
* The Texans have blown a huge chance by sliding from the #1 seed to the #3 seed in the AFC after losing 3 of its final 4 games.
* The Broncos and Patriots say thank you Houston.
* Adrian Peterson may have fallen 9 yards short of Eric Dickerson’s all-time rushing record, but he clearly showed that he’s the NFL MVP in getting the Vikes a win over the Packers and the last wild card spot. A rematch with the Packers next weekend in Lambeau Field is next for Minnesota.
* Hands down, Chuck Pagano coming back to coaching and beating the Texans Sunday after his leukemia diagnosis earlier this season is hands down the best story of the year! #chuckstrong
* Congrats to Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson, who each QB’d their teams to the #5 seeds in the upcoming playoffs. Next up for the Colts, the Ravens in Baltimore. Next up for the Seahawks, the Cowboys/Redskins winner.
* It’s poetic justice how the Jets and Eagles finished their seasons: apathetically.
* It will take Andy Reid about two seconds to get a new job after being let go in Philly Monday.
* It’s time for the Lions to move on from Jim Schwartz.
* Odd fact: the Panthers beat the Saints twice this season, but will still get a better draft pick after each team finishes 7-9 (based on team’s strength of schedule).
* Monday begins rebuilding time in many NFL cities around the league.