After two blown saves Sunday, the Red Sox fall to 0-3 with a dramatic 13-12 loss in Detroit.
* Adrian Gonzalez`s two-run HR gave the Red Sox a 9-7 lead.
* Alfredo Aceves blew a 10-7 bottom of the ninth inning lead by surrendering a first pitch, three-run HR to Miguel Cabrera to send it to extra innings.
* Alex Avila won it for Detroit with a game-winning, two-run HR off Mark Melancon in the bottom of the 11th after Boston had taken a 12-10 lead in the top of the frame on RBI`s by Cody Ross and Dustin Pedroia. Gonzalez struck out to leave two runners in scoring position to end the inning
* Clay Buchholz lasted just four innings, giving up seven runs on eight hits.
* Vicente Padilla hurled four scoreless innings of relief for Boston.
* Next up: Monday at Toronto – Felix Doubront vs. Henderson Alverez