From NBA TV –
NBA TV CONTINUES TO DELIVER RECORD RATINGS IN FEBRUARY
· Continuing its remarkable season performance, NBA TV had its most viewed February of all-time and continues to post record ratings growth for its regular season game schedule. In February, the network averaged 312,000 total viewers (+21%) and 247,000 households (+22%) for 22 games compared to the same time period last year.
NBA TV continues to average the youngest median age (34.5) of any sports network. In February, NBA TV’s key demographics are also up for its game schedule versus the same time period of the 2010-11 regular season:
* Total Viewers: 312,000 vs. 241,000 +21%
* Households: 247,000 vs. 186,000 +22%
* A18-34: 92,000 vs. 77,000 +19%
* A18-49: 152,000 vs. 139,000 +9%
* A25-54: 154,000 vs. 130,000 +18%
* M18-34: 69,000 vs. 56,000 +23%
* M18-49: 118,000 vs. 104,000 +13%
* M25-54: 120,000 vs. 99,000 +21%
In primetime, during the month, NBA TV averaged 164,000 total viewers +38% and 131,000 Households +41%.
NBA TV’s popular Fan Night games – where fans vote for the games they want to see via NBA.com, NBA’s Facebook page and Yahoo.com – are also up compared to the same time a year ago. February’s seven games have averaged 385,000 total viewers and 305,000 total households, up +5% and +1% respectively from the same time period last year.
In addition to strong regular season ratings, NBA TV’s 2012 All-Star Weekend saw strong increases year-to-year compared to the network’s 2011 All-Star Weekend. The network’s 3-day coverage of the 2012 NBA All-Star Weekend (Friday through Sunday) averaged 102,000 total viewers and 84,000 households, up +50% and +45% respectively compared to the 2011 All-Star Weekend coverage.
Highlights from NBA TV’s coverage of the All-Star Weekend:
Saturday, Feb. 25, NBA D-League All-Star Game averaged 137,000 total viewers and 107,000 households, up +63% and +47% respectively compared to the 2011 NBA D-League All-Star Game.
Sunday, Feb. 26, Sprint Pre-Game Concert saw a 71% increase among Men 18-34 and 70% increase among Persons 18-34 compared to the 2011 All-Star Weekend Magenta Carpet.
Source: Nielsen Media Research, StarTrak. Based on Live +Same Day data stream. February 1/30/12-2/26/12. Same time year ago February 2011 1/31/11-2/27/11. Total Day, M-Sun 6A-6A. Prime, M-Sat 8-11P, Sun 7-11P. Most watched game ever based on P2+ (000), NBA TV 2011-12 Regular Season 12/26/11-2/26/12. 2012 All-Star Weekend 2/24/12-2/26/12. 2011 All-Star Weekend 2/18/11-2/20/11. All-Star Weekend Coverage based on Total Day, M-Sun 6A-6A. Comparable League All-Star Weekend Coverage: MLB Network 7/10/11-7/12/11, NFL Network 1/27/12-1/29/12 (All-Star Game coverage and prior 2 days).