From TNT Sports –
TNT Presents Exclusive Live Coverage of NBA All-Star 2012 in Orlando, Feb. 23-26
TNT to Showcase the League’s top talent with morethan 15 Hours of Live Coverage throughout the weekend
BBVA Rising StarsChallenge on Feb. 24 (9 p.m. ET); NBA All-Star Saturday Night presented byState Farm
(8 p.m. ET); and NBAAll-Star 2012 presented by Kia Motors on Feb. 26 (6 p.m. ET)
NBA All-Star 2012 to Feature Orlando Hometown Hero DwightHoward, Miami’s LeBron James
and Dwyane Wade, along with Chicago’s Derrick Rose and
New York’sCarmelo Anthony as East Starters
Lakers and Clippers Quartet – Kobe Bryant, Andrew Bynum, Chris Paul, BlakeGriffin –
and the Thunder’s Kevin Durantlead the West
TNT will once again air exclusive live coverage of the 2012NBA All-Star Weekend from Orlando,Feb. 23-26. The network’s more than 15 hours of live coverage tips off on Thursday, Feb. 23, with doubleheader action beginning at 7p.m. (ET) with NBA Tip-Off presented byAutoTrader.com airing live from Orlando. On Friday, Feb. 24, TNT will air theBBVA Rising Stars Challenge at 9 p.m. (ET). The network will air NBA All-StarSaturday Night presented by State Farm on Saturday, Feb. 25, at 8 p.m.(ET). The weekend culminates on Sunday, Feb. 26, at 6 p.m. (ET) with thenetwork’s exclusive live coverage of NBATip-Off presented by AutoTrader.com followed by NBA All-Star 2012 presented by Kia Motorsfrom the Amway Center. A full schedule of TNT’scoverage is attached.
Thiswill be Turner Sports’ 27th year of NBA All-Star coverage, and the 10thconsecutive year the NBA All-Star Game is televised in prime time on TNT.Heading into one of Turner Sports’ signature events, TNT is enjoying oneof its most-watched NBA seasons to date. Through 19 games, the NBA on TNT isaveraging a 1.8 U.S. rating (+20%, 1.5 U.S. rating); 2,807,000 total viewers (+24%, 2,256,000total viewers); and 2,105,000 households (+24%, 1,697,000 households)over last year’s corresponding coverage.
“NBA All-Star Weekend proves to be one of the mostexciting events on the calendar and this year is shaping up to be nodifferent,” said David Levy,president of sales, distribution and sports, Turner Broadcasting System,Inc. “With a number of marquee events and storylines highlighting ourfour days of coverage, fans will be able to experience all of the sites andsounds of All-Star Weekend through our television and digital platforms.”
TNT’sInside the NBA studio team will belive at NBA All-Star 2012 throughout the weekend and include Ernie Johnson (host), Charles Barkley (analyst), Shaquille O’Neal (analyst), Kenny Smith (analyst) and Chris Webber (analyst).
Sunday, February 26
- NBA All-Star 2012 presented by Kia Motors grabs the spotlight live on TNT on Sunday, Feb. 26, at 6 p.m. (ET). TNT’s Marv Albert will be courtside to call the action, along with analysts Steve Kerr and Reggie Miller with David Aldridge and Craig Sager reporting from the sidelines.
- The East squad will be led by Orlando’s hometown hero Dwight Howard, the Miami Heat’s LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, 2010-11 MVP Derrick Rose (Chicago Bulls) and Carmelo Anthony of the New York Knicks.
- The West is led by the Lakers Kobe Bryant and Andrew Bynum, the Clippers dynamic duo of Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, as well as Oklahoma City Thunder forward Kevin Durant.
- NBA All-Star Saturday Night presented by State Farm returns to TNT on Saturday, Feb. 25, at 8 p.m. (ET).
- The night consists of the Sprite Slam Dunk, Taco Bell Skills Challenge, Foot Locker Three-Point Contest and Haier Shooting Stars.
- Kenny Smith will serve as the “Dunk MC” and join the announce team of Kevin Harlan (play-by-play), Reggie Miller and Mike Fratello (analysts) and Cheryl Miller (reporting) during the competition. Also calling the night’s action will be NBA TV analysts Dennis Scott and Steve Smith.
Friday, February 24
· TNT will have exclusive live coverage ofthe BBVA Rising Stars Challenge on Friday, Feb. 24, at 9 p.m. (ET). Barkley andO’Neal will serve as team general managers. Each squad consists of rookieand sophomore players who will be selected by Barkley and O’Neal in aspecial on-air draft on Feb. 16 on TNT.
· Kenny Smith will serve as thehonorary commissioner of the game, while Kerr and Fratello serve as teamcoaches.
· Barkley and O’Neal, as well asplayers and coaches, will be mic’d during play to provide fans withinsight, while Harlan, Smith and Sager will call the action from the broadcastbooth and benches.
Thursday, February 23
- TNT will tip off its All-Star coverage on Thursday, Feb. 23, with doubleheader action beginning at 7 p.m. (ET). NBA Tip-Off presented by AutoTrader.com with Johnson, Barkley, O’Neal and Kenny Smith will air live from Orlando.
- The first game of the exclusive doubleheader will feature the New York Knicks visiting the Miami Heat (7 p.m. ET); followed by the Los Angeles Lakers taking on the Oklahoma City Thunder (9:30 p.m. ET).
- The Emmy® Award-winning studio show Inside the NBA presented by Hyundai with Johnson, Barkley, O’Neal and Smith will recap the night’s action.
Additionally, fans will have access to All-Star Weekendthrough other digital and social media platforms including:
- NBA.com will feature TNT OverTime, an online mosaic player, for companion coverage of NBA All-Star 2012.
- Four live HD streaming camera angles with DVR functionality and picture-in-picture capabilities for Friday, Saturday and Sunday can be seen via TNT Overtime’s live video player.
- Fans have a chance to vote for which player the Player Cam will follow per quarter during the All-Star Game by using TNT Overtime’s live video player.
- Viewers also can participate in a live chat by logging onto TNT’s Overtime and using their Facebook, Twitter or MySpace accounts.
- Live streaming coverage on TNT OverTime of Friday’s BBVA Rising Stars Challenge, All-Star Saturday Night presented by State Farm and All-Star 2012 presented by Kia Motors enhances TNT’s live television coverage.