From NBC Sports –
|SPECIAL SUPER BOWL EDITION OF “NFL TURNING POINT” AIRS THURSDAY AT 10 P.M. ET ON NBC SPORTS NETWORK|
Final Episode examines Turning Point of the season for Giants and Patriots and Turning Points that shaped season for other teams
Bill Belichick and Eli Manning also featured in Final Episode
Dan Patrick, Tony Dungy and Rodney Harrison to Conclude Program with Super Bowl XLVI Quarterback Analysis
|INDIANAPOLIS – February 1, 2012 – NFL Turning Point, the weekly show on NBC Sports Network co-produced by NFL Films and the NBC Sports Group, wraps up its inaugural season with a special Super Bowl episode this Thursday at 10 p.m. ET. The hour-long program, hosted by Football Night in America’s Dan Patrick, aired throughout the 2011 NFL season and focused on the crucial Turning Point moment in the most meaningful games each week by utilizing NFL Films’ unmatched cinematography and sideline and on-field audio.
This week’s episode focuses on Super Bowl XLVI between the New York Giants and New England Patriots (coverage begins on NBC at 12 p.m. ET on Sun., Feb. 5), and the Turning Point for each team that led them to Indianapolis. The show will also showcase players from both teams who were wired for sound throughout the season, including sound from Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski during the AFC Championship game.
The final episode of the season includes:
· The offensive Turning Point of the Patriots season, and how their passing game has evolved into a system that features two tight ends: Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez.
· The Turning Point of the Giants defense this season and the re-emergence of Justin Tuck as one of the team’s leaders.
· Turning Points that shaped the 2011 NFL season – helping some teams and ruining the season for other teams.
· Bill Belichick feature on how he continues to build successful teams and breaks down how he was able to win this season with the 31st-ranked defense in the league.
· Eli Manning feature on how he has become one of the most elite quarterbacks in the league this season.
Patrick will conclude this show, as he has done all season, with a segment featuring his Football Night in America colleagues Tony Dungy and Rodney Harrison discussing the most relevant NFL topics. Thursday’s show will end with an in-depth analysis of the quarterbacks in Super Bowl XLVI – Eli Manning and Tom Brady.