From ESPN –
College GameDay, College Football Live & SportsCenter at the BCS
Joined by Special Guest Analysts Gene Chizik, Chip Kelly, Bret Bielema & Lane Kiffin; GameDay to Originate from All Four Locations
In addition to televising all five of the Bowl Championship Series matchups for the second straight year, ESPN will provide extensive on-site studio reports and analysis across multiple shows and platforms for each of the five bowls. Coverage will be highlighted by four special editions of the popular College GameDay Built by The Home Depot: a two-hour show on January 2 at 10 a.m. ET to preview the Rose Bowl Game Presented by VIZIO and Tostitos Fiesta Bowl; one-hour shows on January 3 and January 4 at 7 p.m. to preview the Allstate Sugar Bowl and Discover Orange Bowl, respectively; and a two-hour preview of the Allstate BCS National Championship on January 9 at 6 p.m.
In addition to College GameDay, one-hour editions of ESPN’s weekday College Football Live at the BCS (daily from 3 to 4 p.m.) will air from New Orleans, site of the Allstate BCS National Championship, beginning Tuesday, Jan. 3 through Monday, Jan. 9, the day of the title game (No. 1 LSU vs. No. 2 Alabama at 8:30 p.m. on ESPN, ESPN3, ESPN 3D and ESPN Radio).
Chizik and Kelly Join ESPN as Guest Analysts
Auburn coach Gene Chizik and Oregon coach Chip Kelly – the two participants in last year’s Tostitos BCS National Championship – will join ESPN as on-site studio analysts from New Orleans leading up to and through the Allstate BCS National Championship game. They will provide analysis across College GameDay, SportsCenter, ESPNEWS, College Football Live at the BCS, and pre, half-time and post-game coverage.
Special College GameDay Built by The Home Depot from the Rose Bowl
College GameDay will originate from the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif. beginning at 10 a.m. ET on ESPNU and continuing at 11 a.m. on ESPN. Commentators include hosts Chris Fowler and Erin Andrews, and analysts Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard and David Pollack.
On-set interviews and guest analysts:
* Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema and Oregon coach Chip Kelly will appear on set together for a live interview as they prepare to lead their teams in the Rose Bowl Game Presented by VIZIO (Jan. 2 at 5 p.m. on ESPN, ESPN3 and ESPN Radio).
* USC head coach Lane Kiffin will serve as a guest analyst.
* Big, Bad Badger Offensive Line: Erin Andrews takes a trip to Madison to visit with the Wisconsin players who make up one of the biggest offensive lines in college football history.
* Gruden’s Film Room: ESPN football analyst Jon Gruden breaks down film of the quarterbacks leading their teams in the Outback Bowl (January 2 at 1 p.m. on ABC), Georgia’s Aaron Murray and Michigan State’s Kirk Cousins.
* Andrew Luck Conversation: Tom Rinaldi will sit down with Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck as he prepares for his final game with the Cardinal (against Oklahoma State in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl January 2 at 8:30 p.m. on ESPN, ESPN3 and ESPN Radio).
* Images of the Year: A look at the images that made up the 2011 season.